With it being a new year and all, I decided to sit down and make up my own travel wish list. This isn't a list of places I'm going to try to hit up all in one year, although that would make for a pretty rockin' 2013. These are just places that have caught my extra attention in one way or another, and I have decided to make an official declaration that I want to visit. So in no particular order, here is my list:
- Australia and New Zealand. It's gorgeous. It's exotic. It's far away. And it's one of 2 continents I haven't been to yet.
- Antarctica. The second of the 2 continents I haven't been to yet. Also, penguins. Penguins are adorable, and I have no problem making my way toward the South Pole to see some.
- Mongolia. It's the most remote country in the world, and for some reason, I am ridiculously fascinated with this fact. I want to wake up in a yurt in the middle of absolutely nothing, save for a yak or a goat.
- Milan, Italy. The world's most famous opera house (also with the most renowned persnickety audience), La Scala, is in Milan. Being an opera nerd and all, I absolutely must make a pilgrimage.
- Colorado, US. I've been to the lovely little town of Durango, Colorado a few times. I love it. . But I need to branch out and see more of this state. With gorgeous mountains, laid-back outdoor enthusiasts, and somewhere around 140 microbreweries, I need some Colorado action.
- Bali, Indonesia. It seems like the perfect destination. Gorgeous beaches and mountains, exotic jungles, Hindu culture, amazing food and arts, and super friendly people. Why am I not in Bali right now?
- Argentina. I want to wander around the gorgeous architecture of Buenos Aires, drink fabulous wine, eat delicious steak, and learn how to tango. Then I want to run around Patagonia. Well, probably more like labor and wheeze my way around Patagonia. Lather, rinse, repeat.
Of course, all my travel plans go out the window when I have a friend move to a foreign country and I get the "Hey, you should come visit!". Because when my friends move abroad and say that, I actually show up (take that as a warning). What's not to love about spending time with a friend that can show you around and offer you crash space? So who knows when I'll make it to all these places, but don't worry - it'll happen.
|Hey human, come visit.|
What's on your travel wish list?